Keeping Up with the Rest of You

I really enjoy blogging, it's just more of a personal thing for me. It's an all about mom thing, like hockey, but I'm feeling a little guilty so I created this family blog. All you darn people. (I'm really trying to not say damn and hell for Mom.) Shoot did I just do it? These family pages are a little like scrap booking and we all know how that turned out or the picture taking or the Christmas letters. Anyways we'll see how it goes. Maybe I'll have fun.

So, the latest MikeMere news is school starts next week. That's why it's almost 5am and I'm not asleep. Hewson went back to the babysitter for the first time today and it went great. He's a little social bug, I think he likes it better, until he sees me. I have a lovely bruise on my shoulder from my first week back at roller hockey and the house is a mess because we're back to working full time. Oh, and a friend from grade school lives in Salt Lake City, what a small, small world.

Who is really incharge at the Johnson household?

First Week of School

Well, we've all survived the first week of school. Alessia is officially a middle schooler and Rilyn is at the end of middle school. Meredith has once again tackled a new group of third graders and Mike seems to have charmed yet another bunch of Class IV's. Waterford hasn't changed much, still keeping us insanely busy. Hewson is adjusting to going back to "Auntie Patty's." He's a little clingy, but it will get better.

Everyone is just exausted and a little sad I think. It's difficult to get into the swing of a new school year. There's so much to do and never enough time. Both kids are involved in soccer and Meredith is trying to unwind with hockey. We'll let you know as things settle down.